You are invited to participate in the garden art sale. The catch? Your items for sale, in any medium, have to be garden- or nature-themed, or works that can be displayed in a garden setting. Sculpture, planters, metalwork, paintings, lighting, vintage signs, woodwork, architectural remnants, fountains, found art, jewelry, ceramics – anything that relates back to the garden is permissible (no stand-alone plant material will be allowed).
Please read the following rules and regulations, then fill out the online application.
Application deadline is Saturday, March 30, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Garden Art Sale coordinator Barbara Maze at email@example.com.
Rules & Regulations
- Only one artist/applicant per application. All work must be original craft art, made by hand, or with appropriate tools, by the artisan who is submitting the application.
- You will be notified by email when you application is received.
- The Buffalo-style Garden Art Sale committee reserves the right to exclude works which are deemed commercial or do not conform to the theme of “garden-oriented.” No stand-alone plant material is allowed.
- There will be no rain date. Fees will not be returned in the case of inclement weather.
- Submit 4-10 digital images of your work. When you fill out the online application, you’ll be prompted to submit .jpg images of a resolution between 72-150 ppi. If applying by mail, please email images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be notified by email about inclusion status by April 20, 2019.
- Booth Space All booth spaces are 10’x10’. An attempt will be made to accommodate special requests in the order in which they are received. The garden Art Sale committee tries hard to make every space a good space.
Pay by credit card after you fill out the online application form found here.
- Two-day Vendors
$20 non-refundable application fee, $150 fee per 10'x10’ booth
Multiple adjacent booths are available at $125– making two booths $275
- One-day Vendors
Saturday OR Sunday. Set up can take place 8-9:30 a.m. on that day.
$100 fee per 10'x10’ booth
Multiple adjacent booths are available at $75– making two booths $175
- Starter Sellers
$20 application fee, plus 15% of any and all sales. An opportunity for "newbie" vendors that have never participated in a craft fair previously. You'll be sharing a table/tent with other vendors new to vending. This offer is for your first year only.
New York State Sales Tax
Exhibitors are responsible for collecting NYS Sales Tax. All exhibitors are required to have a Certificate of Authority (COA) Form DTF-17. For more info, contact Sales Tax Department at 1-518-485-2889 or visit here.
Setup & Tear-down
You will be sent a vendor packet by May 25 with your booth number, location, and list of vendors prior to the event.
- One applicant per space.
- There will be NO access to electricity. If power is needed, you are to provide your own generator.
- You are responsible for all equipment.
- You are responsible for all setup and teardown.
- Setup will take place:
- Two-day vendors
Friday afternoon 6/28/19, 4-6pm. Vendors needing less time, can set up Saturday morning, 6/29, 8-9:30am
- One-day vendors
Saturday, 6/29/19, 4-6pm. Vendors needing less time, can set up Sunday morning 6/30/19, 8-9:30am
- All vehicles have to be out of the vendor area by 9:30 a.m. the day of the Sale.
- A 10'x10' area will be marked with your booth number.
- You must be present at all times during the Garden Art Sale.
- Overnight security will be in place on Friday, 6/28/19 and Saturday, 6/29/19.
- Tear-down cannot happen until after 4pm on Sunday. Your area must be thoroughly picked up, left in the state in which it was found.
You will be asked to adhere to the above rules and regulations as part of the application.
If you prefer to enter by mail, please download a PDF of the application here. The form will have the address to which you can mail the application and payment.
Promotion–the power of partners...
Promotion of the Garden Art Sale will be done primarily through the members and audiences of Gardens Buffalo Niagara including the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Garden, PLANT WNY, Visit Buffalo Niagara, the WNY Specialist Plant Societies, Master Gardeners of Cornell Cooperative Extension and many more.
Promotion will include press announcements, posters, fliers, public promotional banners,
eNewsletters and a social media campaign.