Garden Walk Buffalo, America’s largest garden tour, is looking for submissions of original artwork to promote the 2020 event, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 25 and 26, 2020.
This is an opportunity to share your artwork with hundreds of local gardeners and tens of thousands of visitors from around the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
Entries are due Friday, January 31, 2020.
Artwork should communicate:
- Descriptives: Gardens, flowers, creativity, neighborhood
- Garden Walk Buffalo is the largest garden tour in the U.S and one of Buffalo’s most anticipated summer events.
- It attracts tens of thousands of visitors to more than 400 creative urban gardens.
- Garden Walk Buffalo shatters expectations of Buffalo city living, it promotes neighborhood beautification, and instills community pride.
- You may enter any form of painting (any medium, any style — traditional to contemporary), drawings, photography, illustrations, sculpture or mixed media work. Your submission is limited to five entries.
- Keep artwork simple; it needs to reproduce well on a variety of materials. Do not put any type/logos on artwork. All details of the event will be added later.
- Artwork should be considered “wearable and saleable” for both men and women. Artwork will be reproduced on a variety of mediums and sold to promote Garden Walk Buffalo
- All use of the artwork will be at the discretion of Garden Walk Buffalo.
- Submit a digital file of your artwork, not to exceed 25MB. Please zip/compress large. The preferred size of the file is 8”×10” inches at 300dpi.
- Include a short biography of yourself and an explanation on why your artwork would be particularly appropriate to Garden Walk Buffalo.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ART ENTRY in the subject line. If possible, zip your files or use a service like wetransfer.
For more information, email GardenWalkBuffalo@GardensBuffaloNiagara.com, or call (716) 247-5004.